Monday, April 18, 2011

"Green Hornet" Stinging for NOLA in Playoff Push


Former Detroit Titan standout Willie Green has led his New Orleans Hornets to the NBA playoffs-- and is making an immediate impact.  Green contributed an efficient eight points in just 13 minutes off the bench as the visiting Hornets nabbed a 109-100 Game One win over the Los Angeles Lakers in the First Round of the teams' series at the Staples Center Sunday. 

Some of his work down the stretch in the regular season propelled the Hornets into the seventh seed in the perennially-tough Western Conference.  Most notably in the run was a game on April 8 where Green connected on each of his first 12 shots en route to a season-high 31 points. 

"I knew I was in a rhythm. I knew I was in a zone," Green told the Associated Press after his franchise-record achievement. "But I didn't know I was 12-for-12. It was a good feeling. I had it going and I was trying to keep it going. I was just trying to be aggressive."

Green's next NBA regular season game will be his 500th in his eight-year career.  He carries a 9.3 points per game average over the length of his career.

Green played at Detroit from 1999-2003, leading the Titans to an NCAA tourney berth and two NIT tournaments including a NIT Final Four berth in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment